1245 N Water Street
Effective August 1, 2018
- About Us
- Collecting Personally Identifiable Information
By using the Site, you are consenting to allow Ease to collect, store, and use the following information:
- Information You Give Us: We collect personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), and other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get from Others: We may collect information gathered from third-party sites or sources you accessed, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter. We may add third-party retrieved information to the information collected from you on our Site. Some third-party sites or sources may also provide us with information from your accounts to enhance and personalize your use of our Site. You have the right to modify your privacy settings and opt-out of providing certain information or receiving interest-based advertisements on those third-party sites our sources directly on their respective site.
- Passive Information Collected: We will not automatically log your personally identifiable information when you visit our Site. We do automatically collect usage data and computer operating information such as the operating system type, cookies, web beacons, browser type, browser language, the Site you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, and other information about your use of and actions on our Site to customize your visit through technical means.
- Public Content: You can contribute to the Site in several different ways, including uploading photos, embedding videos, participating in forums, tagging products, filling out your public profile, and voting on other users’ contributions. We may store these contributions (your “Public Content”), display them to other users, and use them for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personally identifiable information in your Public Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Public Content.
You many not disclose to us the personally identifiable information of another person, without first obtaining that person’s express consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy
- Using your Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information submitted to us through our Site will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or as provided for on the relative Site page. Your personally identifiable information may be used for one or all of the following reasons:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- To send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
Any personally identifiable information submitted by you for publication on our Site grants us a license to use your personally identifiable information.
You may modify your privacy settings to limit our use of your information on the Site by adjusting the Site privacy controls.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personally identifiable information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or sell your personally identifiable information as follows:
- We may share personally identifiable information to third parties with your express consent, including sharing personally identifiable information for third-party marketing uses subject to their third-party privacy policies.
- If you post Public Content on the Site, we may distribute such Public Content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own Sites and media platforms. We allow you to access third party services, such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter, to share your selected Public Content with those services.
If you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site (e.g., by posting a listing which contains personally identifiable information), anyone may see and use such information and we are not responsible for such use. The Site reserves the right to share any personally identifiable information you post on the Site with third parties with your prior consent. To the extent the Site does so, the subsequent use and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.
- Disclosing Your Personally Identifiable Information
- International Data Transfers
The Site is hosted in the United States, and all or a portion of the Site may also be hosted on the “cloud”, or other similar distributed hosting platform. If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to a jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your home jurisdiction. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you have provided consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal information, as well as the right to restrict processing, object to processing, and under certain circumstances the right to data portability.
The following are your fundamental rights granted to users under GDPR:
- The right to be informed – Ease will be completely transparent in how we are using your personal data, please refer to Section D above.
- The right of access – Users of Ease have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – Users of Ease will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – This right affords users of Ease the ability to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – Users of Ease have the right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – Users of Ease have the right to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – in certain circumstances, users of Ease are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – The right for users of Ease to choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them or is based on automated processing.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request free of charge information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ease does not share personally identifiable information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
WE MAY CHOOSE TO DISCLOSE NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, THE USER, TO A THIRD PARTY FOR COMPENSATION. YOU MAY CHOOSE TO OPT-OUT OF SUCH DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES BY SENDING A WRITTEN REQUEST TO INFO@ITSEASE.COM.
- Retaining Personally identifiable information
Our data retention policies and procedures are designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personally identifiable information in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
Personally identifiable information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Ease will keep data for a period of up to 5 years. Users may request Ease to delete their data or request an accounting of all personal data of theirs kept by Ease by sending an email to email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section H, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Security Measures
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personally identifiable information. All personally identifiable information provided to us will be kept on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Site confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our Site).
If a data breach occurs: If our DPO determines that Personal Identifying Information has been accessed without authorization, Ease will report any confirmed or suspected situation to necessary parties immediately upon discovery, both orally and in writing, within 72 hours. If Ease reasonably believes a breach has or may have occurred, Ease will release a report to all users identifying:
- The nature of the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure;
- The nonpublic information accessed, used or disclosed;
- The person(s) who accessed, used, disclosed, and/or received nonpublic information (if known);
- What Ease has done or will do to mitigate any deleterious effect of the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure; and
- What corrective action Ease has taken or will take to prevent future unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
In the event of a suspected Breach, Ease will keep stakeholders informed regularly of the progress of its investigation until the uncertainty is resolved. To the extent possible, our DPO will also facilitate the process to warn the victims of the theft so that they can protect their credit and identity
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our Site. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our Site.
- Third-Party Services
Our Site may contain links to third-party Sites or services, such as third-party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third-Party Services”). Ease doesn’t own or control these Third-Party Services. Through your interaction with such Third-Party Services you may be providing information directly to the Third-Party Service, Ease, or both. These Third-Party Services are required to have their own privacy and data collection policies. We encourage you to review those privacy policies.
While we encourage our business partners to adopt privacy policies and practices that build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties or any of the content of web sites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
- Updating Information
Please let us know if the personally identifiable information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.