In every blog, posts, and ads we are seeing today, there will always be someone who’s working on the backend.
They are those who are responsible to keep the digital content presented fresh, informative, and appealing.
In this article, we’ll give you more need-to-know details about Content Managers, which is now one of the in-demand remote jobs in the US. (see Top 7 Milwaukee Jobs You Can Do Remotely in 2020)
Most Jobseekers and freelancers nowadays are actually professionals from big corporate institutions, who have decided to leave and enjoy the best of both worlds. This will include managing their own time, spending it more with family in the convenience of their own home. It sounds great, right?
Content Managers will be nothing without their team, Anyone is. Some of the common remote job postings that will make a good Content team include graphic designers, SEO specialists, and of course Content Writers. They made Brand Awareness possible with the help of the internet, following the principles of Content Marketing.
Content Marketing is a marketing strategy that focuses on the creation and distributing valuable, informative, and consistent content to attract and catch the attention of the audience. But most importantly, drive profitable customer action. Content strategy may include social media posts, blogs, Infographics, videos, and podcasts, etc.
1. Job Overview
We’ll now dig deeper into what these roles are about, focusing on the Qualities, Job Description, and Job Specification.
Basically, a content manager oversees the content presented on websites and blogs, and may also be responsible for creating, editing, posting, and updates irrelevant and outdated content. In order for them to fulfill their tasks, they use Content Management systems. These are software or application that helps users to easily create, manage, and modify content on a website. These are tools that help you build a website without the need to write all the code from scratch (WordPress, Joomla.Drupal, Magento, Squarespace, Wix, etc.)
It’s never an easy job, that is why we have the (5) most common qualities you need in order for you to find success in this career:
- Thinks outside the box and has innate creativity.
- Has the drive to learn more and do research
- Knows how to deliver a message using different media
- Has the passion for writing and has an eye for detail
- Organized and Driven
2. Job Description
Due to the overflowing need for these professionals, below is a consolidated list of Content Manager Responsibilities:
- Expected to do content creation, proofreading, editing, and publishing.
- Responsible for content production using Content Marketing.
- Lead a team of content writers
- Find new content opportunities, exploring ways to enhance existing content throughout the site.
- Helps in monitoring website traffic
- Respond to website feedback
- Implementing changes to the content based on website analytics and usability testing
3. Job Specification
We are done with the duties and responsibilities of a Content Manager. Now, we have below is the job requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or related field.
- Has in-depth experience with Marketing strategies, Content Strategy and Technical knowledge
- Has Time Management and Leadership skills
- Excellent Writing skills and Verbal Communication skills is a must
- Has Content Management experience or in a similar role is an Advantage
- Has proficiency in using Content Management Systems and basic tools like Editorial Calendar.
- Demonstrates creativity, intuition, sensitivity, and articulation
Whichever path that anyone might want to focus on, will require specific skills and qualities and expects them to fulfill heaps of responsibilities.
Each and everyone’s pursuit will solely depend on their drive and motivation.
Below is a list of Goodreads to help you either land on your dream job or find the perfect candidate:
Hire The Best Content Managers With Ease