“Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan.” – Winston Churchill
Spontaneity is good but not highly encouraged in the workplace, especially in organizing events, proposals, and initiatives. The reason behind this is that Institutions did not invest thousands of dollars in a project and just have fate decide. This is where project management professionals come into place.
The project team is responsible for managing and organizing the end-to-end process of any given task or assignment. They ensure that the preparations are aligned with the expected result and institutional goal.
It is a fact that proper planning will somehow eliminate the risks of failing. If not, it will somehow prepare you a set of back up plans to mitigate the issue.
Below is a good read for both Jobseekers and Hiring Managers. It will give you an idea of why it has become one of the in-demand job posting across the net. (see Top 7 Milwaukee Jobs You Can Do Remotely in 2020) Below is a deep dive into Project Managers, their Job description, and Requirements.
1. Job Overview
As an overview, Project Managers are the client’s representative and person of contact for all idea-generation initiatives, tasks, assignments, programs, and events in an organization. They are responsible for identifying and fulfilling the exact needs of the client, based on the organization they are representing. Project manager responsibilities include procuring the project tasks like workforce, required data and resources, various agreements, and material or technology needed to accomplish project objectives. They are essential in every project for they serve as support working towards the expected result.
2. Job Description
In addition to the above overview of Project manager responsibilities, below is a consolidated list of their Job Description:
- Develop a detailed project scope to track end to end project progress and direct all project management phases
- Responsible for project documentation, communicating status reports and measure project performance
- Organize and delegate all deliverables to the rest of the project team and utilizing project resources
- Use risk management principles to project risks and plan solutions ahead.
- Establish effective communication and manage project expectations with external and internal stakeholders
- Mentor, motivate and supervise project team members
- Develop professional business relationships
- Create and continuously update the project documentation
- Create accurate forecasts for revenue, resource requirements, budget and workforce
- Partner with all departments to ensure work is done according to demands
- Manage projects aligned to KPIs and client needs
- Make recommendations for project improvements based on feedback and evaluation
- Conduct workshops and training
3. Job Specification
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
- Has demonstrated leadership skills and critical thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project management, Business Management, Computer Science or related field
- Years of experience in Project management or has a portfolio of completed projects in the past
- Skillsets in Risk and Time Management
- Work experience/working knowledge in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- PMP Certification through PMI, and PRINCE2 is an Advantage
- Experience in using project management software tools
The above list is the most common job description and requirements in order to land on your dream PM job. This is a good investment for both job seekers and institutions out there.
I hope that this article serves you well.
Below is a list of Goodreads to help you either land on your dream job or find the perfect candidate:
The Perfect Data Scientist Job Description For Hiring Managers
The Perfect SEO Specialist Job Description For Hiring Managers
Hire the Best Project Managers With Ease